Everyone needs to get in shape but its difficult to find time to work out at the fitness center that charges you every month and there are probably too many clothes stacked on the treadmill you bought in 2014 for Christmas.
Don’t fret if you want to get in shape because there are some local jobs that allow you to get moving while being involved with sporting activities. Worth Township is Looking for Volleyball Referees.
Under the direct supervision of the Youth Commission Director and League Coordinator, the volleyball referee is responsible for insuring a positive experience for participants, coaches, spectators and coworkers.
The Qualifications for the job are not difficult for the average Oak Lawn resident to meet. The volleyball referees must be at least 16 years of age, have knowledge of all aspects of the rules and hand signals of the game. Must have excellent communication, listening, and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to resolve conflicts in a professional, tactful manner. Must be able to multi-task. Must pass an Illinois State Background Check.
Referees have specific duties and responsibilities such as:
Ensures a positive experience
Demonstrates extensive knowledge of volleyball rules and policies
Enforces all rules during games
Officiates volleyball games in a fair manner
Interacts with players, coaches, parents, spectators and coworkers in a respectful,
Responsible of all positions
Adheres to Worth Township policies and procedures
Successful applicants must be available 1-3 weekdays beginning at 4:30pm – End time varies per schedule. The Township promises that the games will not go longer than 10:00pm.
Games will be played at 11601 South Pulaski Road, Alsip, IL.
If volleyball is not your thing, perhaps you can stay active as a “Tot Swim Lesson Instructor”.
The Oak Lawn Park District is now taking applications for Tot Swim Lesson Instructors for the Indoor season which will run September through May on Saturdays at Richards High School. The district is looking for energetic individuals who are creative and can work with infants through toddlers and their parents. The Oak Lawn Park District swim program is based on the American Red Cross Learn to Swim Program. Starting wage for Tot Swim Lesson Instructors is $10.00 per hour for group lessons. Prior Swim knowledge is preferred but not required and WSI Certification is a plus.
Again, the qualifications are not overwhelming:
Must be a minimum of 16 years of age.
Friendly, outgoing personality, positive attitude and the ability to work well with others in a team oriented environment.
Prior swim lessons teaching experience preferred.
Must enjoy working with children and parents
This position is responsible for the safety of the participants in their own class.
Work hours as scheduled which includes beginning and ending class on time; remaining after class to answer participant and/or parent questions as needed, and clean up supplies.
Instructs and evaluates students participating in swim lessons
Submits completed report cards, skills sheets and attendance information on time.
Interested person should complete an application and direct it to Mary Crout Safety Coordinator/Aquatic Director at the Administration Office. If you have any questions please contact Mary at email@example.com or 708-857-2225.
Oak Lawn Community High School is searching for an Assistant Track and Field Athletic Coach but those qualifications are more restrictive.
Applicants need a valid Illinois Teacher Certification. The school district prefers previous coaching experience. The Assistant reports to the Head Coach and Athletic Director.
Coaches are expected to help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem.
The job responsibilities include the following:
1. Organize and oversee specific program level or areas of responsibility.
2. Communicates with head coach and Athletic Director to secure facilities to ensure safe practice/competition environment for students.
3. Supports the philosophy, programmatic instruction of sequential fundamentals and proper conditioning communicated by the head coach.
4. Communicates and plans with the head coach practice sessions and competition strategies which ensure the health and physical well-being of the student participants.
5. Coordinates with the head coach and Athletic Director a schedule of in-season practices.
6. Assures that all student participants at his/her program level are in compliance with D229 requirements including current athletic physical, Code of Conduct, fees paid, and is academically eligible, prior to practice, tryout, and competition.
7. Models and instills the values of sportsmanship and fair play to all participants, and enforces consequences for breach of such standards.
8. Attends all student athlete practices, games, and monitors proper supervision at all practices, games, and on school provided transportation.
9. Maintains and provides the head coach with end-of-season individual and team records and statistics. 10. Participates in a mandatory preseason parent meeting.
11. Assists the head coach in planning for the seasonal recognition program.
12. Assists in the orderly distribution and collection of uniforms and equipment.
13. Engages in personal professional development activities.
14. Other Duties as assigned by the Head Coach and/or Athletic Director
The employment of the successful candidate is reviewed annually by Athletic Director & Head Coach. This position is subject to the Oak Lawn Community High School extra-responsibility compensation guide, Lane V.