High School Study Hall Supervisor
District 218 has an opening for a Study Hall Supervisor/Study Hall Supervisor. The district just posted this job opportunity and they are looking for someone to start “immediately”. You must be at least 21 years old and have a BA/BS degree. The successful candidate will have the ability to supervise a large group of students, maintain attendance records and assist studies with studies. Apply online.
Oak Lawn Community High School Searching for Subs
OLCHS is looking to increase its pool of outside on-call substitutes. The salary per day is $105. The hours are 8:10 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. If you have any interest in subbing at Oak Lawn Community High School please contact Maria Vanderwarren at (708) 741-5602 or email at email@example.com.
Oak Lawn is looking for part-time “Summer Help”
The Village of Oak Lawn is providing a temporary full-time employment opportunity to high school and/or college age students of the Village between the ages of 16 and 23, for the summer of 2019.
The following are general guidelines the Village shall follow:
● only residents of the Village may qualify to work in the program (Village Administration reserves the right to make exceptions in extenuating circumstances);
● applicants may be required to provide proof of high school/college attendance;
● applicants must be between the ages of 16 and 23 and possess a valid State of Illinois Driver’s License that is free of any moving violations;
● applicants will not be considered if they have previously worked in the Summer Help program for 5 years or more;
● only one applicant per family may work in the Summer Help program at any given time;
● applicants that are chosen to work in the program will be required to volunteer a minimum of 4 hours at a Village sanctioned special event (ex: Easter Egg Hunt, 4th of July Parade, Fall on the Green, Movies on the Green, Pumpkin Fest, Santa on the Green, etc.) Applicants that do not meet the required volunteer hours will not be considered for future Summer Help employment with the Village.
● Village Administration reserves the right to shorten or extend the program dates based on available budgeted funding;
Salary: $10.00 per hour
Applications are available and completed applications should be returned to the Clerk’s office and are due by April 30, 2019:
Village of Oak Lawn
9446 Raymond Ave.
Oak Lawn, IL 60453
District 123 Is Hiring Lunch Room Supervisors
The position helps establish and maintain a calm and pleasant atmosphere in the lunchroom so that students may find mealtime a time to relax after the tasks of the morning, and to refresh themselves for the tasks of the afternoon. Able to communicate with diverse groups and positively represent the school. Interact with co-workers and students in a courteous, tactful and pleasant manner, sometimes in stressful and busy situations. Have flexibility to re-prioritize work as needed and seek assistance when necessary.
1. High school diploma
2. Be dependable, punctual, cooperative and have neat appearance
3. Ability to supervise children in a variety of settings
4. Ability to treat all students in a respectful, responsible and fair manner
5. Ability to promote and maintain confidentiality as the norm
6. Good health and hygiene
7. Ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds and be able to lift, stand, walk and stoop
8. Interest in working with other adults and with students
1. Pick up interior key and radio in the main office upon arrival
2. Organize students into orderly lines for purchasing food, and see that they go to assigned tables.
3. Assist students with the in opening condiments
4. Organize students for orderly disposal of food waste
5. Maintain clean lunch tables
6. Organize groups for orderly dismissal from the lunchroom
7. Circulate among the tables during the meal period so as to be available to help children who need help and to resolve any minor problems that arise
8. Assist students getting dressed for recess when needed
9. Circulate the playground during the recess so as to be available to help children who need help, resolve any minor problems that arise and to insure a safe environment
10. Inform any attending teacher at once of any serious infractions of disciplinary rules by students
11. Call immediately for an attending teacher in the event of any argument involving more than two students; any incident involving physical confrontation; and any incident that appears to be more than momentary disruption
12. Escort students back to class five minutes prior to the end of lunch/recess. Insure bathroom breaks are completed and children are settled down and ready for the tasks of the afternoon when the bell rings
13. Perform all necessary tasks in an efficient and safe manner
14. Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Terms of Employment
Work day will be two (2) hours – 10:50 a.m. to 12:50 p.m. Work year will be the school year.
$8.25 per hour